Facebook Status Character Limit is 60,000 - Update


Facebook Status Character Limit is 60,000 - Update
Facebook updated its status limit from 500 to 5,000 in September, and today announced its limit is now over 60,000!

That’s 1/9th the length of a novel. This gives users the flexibility to note down full-fledged blog posts or even longer content. However, I believe that Facebook was also annoying to neutralize one more selling point of its competitor.

i guess how it chose 63,206? Facebook engineer Bob Baldwin wrote, “I set the exact limit to something nerdy. Facebook … Face Boo K … hex(FACE) – K … 64206 – 1000 = 63206 “, in response to VP of Engineering Mike Schroepfer ’s post of the statement..

So now you can write post with more than 60,000 characters, including status, group and wall posts.

I'm liking Twitter more and more these days just because of that limit, actually. I don't have time to read a novel every time I want to network socially. If I'm not close friends with someone, all I want to do is hear their latest music recommendations or see their latest find for a funny video. I can skip short banality pretty easily, but the long stuff is a bit attention-grabbing...at least for me.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment